Here I am with Mom, just home from the hospital. I am pretty sure I liked my birthday that year!
If I count the candles on my favorite angel food cake with chocolate frosting, at eleven, I don't look that happy, yet I am fairly sure I still liked my birthday then too.
Maybe I am just mesmerized by the flames.
If I count the candles on my favorite angel food cake with chocolate frosting, at eleven, I don't look that happy, yet I am fairly sure I still liked my birthday then too.
Maybe I am just mesmerized by the flames. I wonder what my wish was.
I wonder if it came true.
As I close in on my birthday tomorrow, I will enjoy spending time with my son, his Dad, and my future daughter in law. That is the one reason to like my birthday, spending time with those you love. However, I know only that if I could truly have the wish.....
And so begins the year of firsts. My first birthday without my mother.
1 comment:
How true for us all. But it just happens that yours came before ours. And so we must celebrate, the gift of time. The time she spent every day, for all of our years with us. She always made our birthdays special, none of us were ever forgotten and for that alone, we can feel so very fortunate.
I will always treasure your birthday, even if you do not..for without it, I would not have you as my sister to share my life with.
love you.
C
Post a Comment