Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Me & Mom on the Cape last year.

I have so many pictures of my Mother, it is hard to choose just one! But for now, I will just choose one (maybe 2) as I share with you some of my feelings and thoughts about my wonderful Mother.

Some Gifts Are For Always

Throughout our lives many gifts we receive
The gloves, the shoes, the bike, the ring
They are used and tossed away
Another will replace them soon
Another year, another day

But some gifts are hard to comprehend
They come outside a box
No pretty paper or fancy bows
No celebration with family or friends

These gifts are given without a plan
And sometimes realized late
When after a time, you feel a way
That you wonder was it fate?

A loving smile, a caring touch
That gives your spirit peace
The helping hand for any task
Gives you the sense of complete

These gifts are for always.
Take them and pass along
The same good spirit and resolve to help,
To another down your path

My mother gave these always gifts
Completely through her life
Her energy flowed into those
Whose spirit crossed her life

And to her family all her gifts
Have settled within our souls
These gifts are for always
These gifts we forever hold

So as we journey down our road of life
Without your physical presence
We’ll pass along your always gifts
And feel your spirit soar through us

When I am down or feeling sad
I will know that it’s okay
For I am here because of you
I have your strength every day

I look forward to my dreams of you
Where once again we talk
Where death is not a boundary
And arms are free to hold

Where once again I see your smile
And gaze upon your lovely face
And laugh with you and cry awhile
Away from time, in a special place

Until such time and between those times
I’ll rely upon the breath I take
Knowing that it comes from you
From your gifts of strength and faith.


In loving memory of my Mother.
Patricia Woodard Hunt
March 23, 1928 ~ January 15, 2009

5 comments:

6labsgirl said...

so you know that this is beautifully written and all of us in this wonderful family really do "live the writerly life".
That in itself is a gift.
Your sister...

Weezee said...

C-Lee such a lovely tribute to your mom. I am so grateful I got to know her, she was a special lady. I wanted to share yesterday how Scott and I loved the dinners at her house after a long day of agility. The house was always thrown open to us. By the time we left we were feed, relaxed and felt well loved. We will miss her so much.

Nanc said...

C-Lee, that is a great tribute. Thanks so much for sharing your mom with us.

dlyn said...

I am so sorry for the loss you and your family are going through now Christie. Praying for all of you as you get through these days.

Kim said...

So sorry for your loss Christie. She sounds like she was a wonderful woman.