Here are the stairs after being sanded and sealed in October.

Needless to say, the dogs were not thrilled with the lack of carpeting on the stairs! The young ones have been doing a good job being careful and even Trisha has been going slower up and down. Sundance however is having a hard time and even forgoes following me up during the day.

So I have finally started the process of painting the risers and woodwork in order to put a carpet runner on the stairs for my four legged kids. I have primed and put on the first coat. It took almost as much time taping the egdes as it did doing both coats! It is looking lovely, but I am afraid I will still need another coat. That will have to wait till next week and then the carpet runner can go on.
Here is closeup shot of how nice they steps stand out with the risers painted!


This is the hallway at the top of the stairs, sporting a lovely area rug from my bargain shopping from Ocean State.
Stay tuned next week for the following 'steps' on the progress of The Stairs!
2 comments:
I love that white paint, natural wood combo - can't wait to see how the runner looks on there too!
Wow..it looks great...things are really coming together...
I love the risers...so fresh and clean. Can't wait to see the runner.
Post a Comment