
Well take a look here...this is the BIG news! Last evening Jason popped the question and gave Katie a lovely engagement ring. Although Dad was the first one to hear the news (I got dropped from the 3 way call!), I was the first to see the happy couple and view the ring. The smiles on their faces never left. Katie did say 'Yes' and Jason admitted to being slightly nervous. I am so happy for the two of them and their bright future. I couldn't be any prouder of my son and thrilled to 'officially' welcome Katie to our family. (I just love her to bits!)
In all the excitement I did not take a picture, but Katie assures me she has one to send to me. I did control my tears until after they left, boy was that hard.
It seems like just yesterday they were dating in high school, 

and just last week that Jason was running around the yard with Mohawk.
Excitement, happy days and surprises lie ahead for these two. While I may be nostalgic, I too am looking forward to sharing in their joyful journey.

3 comments:
Wow congratulations to all. I am so happy for Jason & Katie that is awesome news!!!
How cool C-lee - being a mom in law is pretty fun. And you are the Mom of the groom - means a cheaper wedding for ya. Sa-weeeeeeeet! Congrats to the happy couple too.
wait a minute...didn't you say he was my son??? and JOHN was yours???
hahaha...that photo of Jason and Mohawk was a tear jerker...so now I would like to say that STEVE is your son...what is wrong with that boy...will I ever be the mother of the groom??? The grown up kids are dropping like flies...all my friends kids are married and I am still waiting. Will Winee be the ring bearer? or perhaps it is more fitting for Sundance..(crowds might be a problem for him)ppplease not PI...although white is more appropriate I guess.
Post a Comment